Thursday, May 21, 2009

Term Limits



I came across an interesting post on a forum that I frequent. The writer posted this question SHOULD WE HAVE TERM LIMITS ON MARRIAGES LICENSE...This question made me go ummmmmm....This doesn't sound like a bad idea...The writer went on to say that the term should be for one year and after the time is up you can either renew or go your own separate way... However as part of the renewal process you may want to negotiate some conditions if there were issues during the first year of marriage...


I think most people would benefit from this... You sould learn a lot about each other in the first year of marriage and by the time the term limit is up you should know more or less if you can stay with this person till death do you part and if there are issues you can work them out or move the hell on...

I can see this saving the expense of getting divorce.


The down side is hopefully there are no children produced during this time period... because this takes it to another level.......


Forty Something

1 comment:

  1. I read about this a while back. Interesting concept. I, too, think it would be beneficial in a few ways. Sometimes I think just the thought of being around someone day in and out is a little taxing.

    ReplyDelete